CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Home!

So Bryleigh has been home for almost two weeks. She is doing so good. She sleeps really good at night :-). I wake her up every 3 to 4 hours to feed her and she goes right back to sleep. She only cries when I change her or bathe her. Totally different than Tyler (he cried alot). Her skin is still pretty thin where her shunt is. You can see one of the black dots that is on the shunt through her skin. The incision from the cephalocele is healing great. She can only be put down on her left side right now. When we go to the doctor on the 9th she may okay it for her to be on her back or her right side more often. She sleeps in a tucker sling right now. This just keeps her at an incline so that the fluid can flow more easily, and it keeps her from sliding down to the end of her bed. During the day she likes to sleep in her bouncy seat. She is not a big fan of the swing though. Tyler is only in daycare two days a week for right now. I figured since I am home, that I can save some money by keeping him home with me. He likes going to daycare so I did not want to completly take him out. I need to figure out what I am going to do about work. I would like to be able to stay home with her for awhile, but not sure if financially that will work. I need to start looking for something to do just in case. Bryleigh will be 4 weeks on Monday. It has gone by so fast it seems. She is still so little, her newborn clothes are still big on her. Well im gonna watch me som TV. Ellen comes on in 10 minutes!!


6 comments:

Sherri said...

Sounds like she is doing just awesome! I can't believe she is sleeping so well for you!!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome news! I am so glad to hear that things are going well. She is such a cutie pie! I wish Lily would sleep more at night. LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Great to hear things are going well!

Lisa Christine said...

Going on 4 weeks already! Wow. She is so beautiful!

Diane said...

I am happy to hear that you guys are home and doing well.
She is adorable!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Kristen said...

Bryleigh is so beautiful!! I hope all is well and you're adjusting well to being a mommy of two now.