CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What a Week

This week has been exhausting! Monday I went in for my weekly routine sonogram and the doctor told me that they would not be doing an amnio on the 5th. He said he would decide that day whether or not from the sonogram findings if they would be doing the c-section that day or waiting until the 12th. So I got a little frustrated, I was hoping that since she was 37 weeks they would go ahead and deliver her. I also don't like the fact that Monday when I go into the doctor I will not know whether I'm staying or going home. They also were not able to give me a measurement of her head. They said it was "out of range"? Her average weekly increase has gone up. So this too bothers me alot.
Well...that night I started having some pretty painful contractions every 3 to 4 minutes. After a couple hours of this I decided to go ahead and go in to the hospital, which was about 10:00p.m. I continued to have these contractions throughout the night into the morning even though they were giving me medicine to try and stop them. They gave me some medicine for the pain and to help me sleep, but it just was not working for me. Since I was not dilating they did not consider me to be in active labor. I was given the option the next morning to stay in the hospital until I had her or go home. I chose to come home. So Tuesday I literally slept all day. lol. I was so exhausted!! Today I had an apt. with my ob doctor and still have not dilated, but still have the contractions, just not as regular or as painful.
Well I wish everyone a safe and happy New Year! I am probably going to fall asleep pretty soon. So much for being awake to ring in the new year!! lol.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I can understand your frustration with not knowing if you'll have the C-section the day you go in or not. Sure makes it difficult to plan.

FYI (some info that could be relevant or it may not be in your case). I was having contractions when I was 37 1/2 weeks. I went into the hospital and the monitor confirmed the contractions and tracked them about 2 minutes apart but I was only 2 cm dilated. After a couple hours I was still having regular contractions but no further dilation. The Dr. said that when a baby has a large head they can't make the drop into the birth canal which the pressure from the babies head on the cervix helps dilate it. They decided to do the C-section then instead of wait because the Doc said if they would send me home and I continued to have contractions and dilated from the contractions but with the baby's head not able to drop into the canal it could cause the umbilical cord to drop out of the cervix which is very dangerous for the baby. Did all of that make any sense?

Happy New Year by the way!

Shawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Oh goodness! You are almost there! I can't wait to see pictures of your little mircale. Enjoy every minute :)

I'll be checking back for updates!

Happy New Year!